Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas and New Years

Christmas Eve I got hit with a cold/flu like bug and was in bed at 7:30p and missed all the festivities! I was so disappointed, but Ben was sweet and stayed with me. Christmas morning we went to my parents house, where we opened some great gifts and I got to lay under a blanket with my precious puppies and have my mom take care of me. From there we went to my mother-in-law's house and enjoyed visiting with her an opening some more fabulous gifts that we are so greatful for! After that we went straight home and I was asleep again by 8:30p :(   Thank you SARAH for passing this horrendous sickness to me, and Anna Bett at that. I still love you though.

The baby's crib/crib bedding and dresser/changing table were both supposed to be here by Christmas and still no sign of either of them... Ben and I are starting to get nervous as we are dying to set up his room which currently consists of strollers, swings, bouncy seats, stuffed animals, toys etc all over the floor which desperately need to be organized so we can be baby-ready.

As for New Years, this year was pretty lame. There's not much to do when you're 8 months pregnant, huge, and uncomfortable. We wish we could have been in the mountains with our friends but the doctor doesn't want me to travel anywhere anymore so here we sat....It was a nice and relaxing weekend though. We got to hang out with my sister, Anna, and her boyfriend, CJ, which was so fun. Sad they had to head back to school today!

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night with awful contractions. I thought I was for sure in labor, I even woke up Ben and told him to get ready...FALSE alarm. They lasted for three hours and then just stopped out of the blue. Damn braxton hicks! So tricky to know what "real" labor is vs. "false". I keep hearing when you're in labor you just know. This obviously doesn't apply to me because last night I was 100% sure we were going to have a baby on January 2nd. Oh well, he still needs to cook just a little bit longer!!

Good thing the Bachelor and Jersey Shore premiere this week... this will hopefully pass the time until baby comes!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment