Sunday, January 30, 2011

Tick tock, tick tock...

So my nights of sleeping are officially gone. I thought this was supposed to happen after the baby was born! But noooo. For the last month I've had pretty bad insomnia. Can't fall asleep and when I actually do I can only stay asleep for two hours at a time. I swear this is mother natures way of preparing me for when the baby does come home so I will be somewhat adjusted to the severe lack of sleep. As for Ben, he is having zero trouble sleeping but why would he? He doesn't have a watermelon (yum) strapped to his belly making it difficult to get comfortable. Nor does he have to pee (sorry for the tmi)every two hours. Nor does he have what feels like a toddler at this point kicking his ribs, stomach, bladder- you name it. In fact as I type this in my dark bedroom he is sleeping (and snoring) very soundly. I WILL sleep soundly again. Maybe not until my kids are in college, but it will happen.

We are so ready to meet our little man! I'm starting to realize that in a matter of days or weeks this baby has to come OUT of me, one way or another. Scary. On wednesday we have the hospital tour. I hope you can sign up for a deluxe suite with a whirlpool tub, massage therapists on hand, and lots of crushed ice. Keep dreaming, right? Speaking of dreaming, I think I'm about to attempt sleep for the second time tonight now....

Xo

2 comments:

  1. Almost time!!! Getting very excited to meet the little man, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how that deluxe room treats you- ha! SO glad you are getting the tour- ask them how to count the contraxns!

    ReplyDelete